Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Daniel Pink - Illustrated



I recently read Daniel Pink's Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us. I found it at a cab stand and purchased it for a dollar. After reading Seth Godin's Linchpin, I dusted Pink's book off and began to read. I, for the first time since college, busted out index cards and began making flash cards from the goldmine of information in the book. It was the perfect book to begin another look at "why life coaches in public schools?"

I sent Daniel Pink an e-mail asking for his mailing address - I had to send him a letter of gratitude. By putting together the research of decades and decades of scholars, economist, physicians, etc, he had rocked my world by providing irrefutable evidence for why our educational model is failing our children. Though the book is focused largely on the impacts the research on motivation has on the workplace, it can easily be translated to the impacts on children in schools.

The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA) does it again with this animation of Daniel Pink's talk on DRIVE. CLICK HERE to watch.