Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today was a Good Day


Being a boarding school kid, I left home at 13 and didn't go through much of the teenage angst, the mother-daughter drama of those young adult years.

My mom is ALWAYS glad to have me in California. She wants to talk, cook together, shop together, exercise together, watch television together. I have to remind myself that she missed out on the five years most parents have with their children.

Tonight, we sewed packaging for Phefeni in a sewing class with about 8 other ladies. Teamwork makes the dream work! Afterward, we went grocery shopping and came home to cook. Before going to bed, she and I looked through my Senior Year scrapbook (from Piney Woods), and I showed her updated pics of the folk on FB. She said: "Dang, everybody has children, hunh?"" Yeah... thanks mom.

She's off of work tomorrow. Wonder what we'll get into next!