Monday, December 21, 2009

Gratitude



So Heavenly Glory (Ashley Mui) asked folk to write down things we are grateful/thankful for.

She's awesome. Reading what friends have written, as well as revisiting my own list, has filled me with joy!

Sallomé is Oh So Thankful for...

The name my father gave me ♥ my childhood ♥ my siblings ♥ my extended family ♥ warm days ♥ Brooklyn summers ♥ unlimited Metrocards ♥ the friends God has chosen for me ♥ the moments of serendipity, coincidence, magic ♥ meals cooked by hands I know ♥ clothes made by hands I know ♥ music made by voices I know ♥ dances performed by legs I know ♥ projects created by minds I know ♥ early morning, dew-filled deep breaths ♥ sweet smelling things ♥ coconut water ♥ sing-songy hand-clap games ♥ little girls with beads that go “click-clack” as they walk ♥ children’s perspectives ♥ elders’ wisdom ♥ the Indigenous Sunrise Ceremony ♥ Leonard Peltier ♥ Mumia Abu-Jamal ♥ Assata Shakur ♥ brownstone stoops ♥ MAC ♥ Susan L. Taylor ♥ Tracy Reese ♥ public playgrounds ♥ adoring parents ♥ the ability to dream, plan, and take actions to make imagination a reality ♥ Crayola ♥ WiFi ♥ JetBlue ♥ Apple ♥ Google ♥ public libraries ♥ Nina Simone ♥ The Stoop ♥ PlanIt Brooklyn ♥ people who believe in me ♥ live music ♥ baby laughter ♥ big puffy clouds ♥ the rain ♥ bright blue, magenta & deep purple ♥ the opportunities I’ve had to travel ♥ Moscato ♥ finger food ♥ intramural sports ♥ art supply stores ♥ The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz ♥ mom & pop establishments ♥ examples of romantic relationships that uplift everyone around them ♥ nights spent “building” with master minds ♥ Jullien Gordon & his vision for our generation ♥ my love for love ♥ the one connection to my grandmother that will always remain with me - my nose ♥ architecture created to make our hearts smile ♥ navigation systems ♥ Piney Woods School ♥ Northfield Mount Hermon ♥ Wesleyan University ♥ Bank Street ♥ my grandfather’s example to live a life of integrity, purpose, and incessant learning ♥ Roe v. Wade ♥ Freedom Schools ♥ garbage disposals ♥ social innovators and entrepreneurs ♥ the eraser ♥ The O Effect ♥ Toni Morrison ♥ Dr. Seuss
♥ Spike Lee ♥ Pacific Ocean beaches ♥ handwritten letters ♥ Landmark Education ♥ Youtube ♥ the camera ♥ the chance to have a human experience