Saturday, March 1, 2014

3six5

There was this project I was invited to be a part of.  

3six5

365 people would share their day with the world and the curators would upload it to the site.  My day was May 14, 2011.  And this is what I shared.





I may just run for Mayor of New York.  I have a campaign strategy that I proved today will win the hearts of the buppies, old ladies, store owners and babies.

Campaign Strategy #1: Be generous.
I wake up with an orange OSHO book on the bureau. I didn’t put it there.  So, being the information whore that I am, I read the first page.  A quote from Socrates strikes me; I tweet a message to the world: “I want to be the kind of person where wherever I move, with whomsoever I move, I am loving. #ReminderfromOsho” 

Campaign Strategy #2: Be accountable and count-on-able.
The practice of self-discipleship begins. Today’s message from the self-love jar: “I bring fabulous things to fruition.”  Perfect. Hit compose on my Gmail account, autofill finishes Frank’s name – my Wealth Building Coach. Subject line, the usual: #ProsperityPowerHour.  I type the four areas – Spiritual, Mental, Material, Physical – and begin my process. 

Campaign Strategy #3: Be empowered.
What can I wear today to make a cynical and resigned New Yorker smile... Rock my crown! Open the door of my building and play “Breath of Fresh Air” – my iPod morning playlist.

Campaign Strategy #4: Be personable.
Step on the train, and what do I find? A little girl is also wearing a golden crown. 
“Look mommy, a Queen.”
“Yes, she’s a Queen and what are you?”
With a toothy grin, she says, “A princess.”
 “Your crown is amazing,” I tell her. “Where’d you get it?”
“Me and mommy made it.”
“You did a great job.”
I spend the train ride with Jasey, her mom and little sister.  Before we step off the G train I tell her, “Jasey, you made my day. If I didn’t do another thing today but have this train ride with you, it may very well have been the best day ever.”

Platform: Crowns, wings, and magic wands for everyone.
Today there were many deep bows, “Birthdays?“, “All hail the Queens!”, and children pointing and yelling out “Look, a King!” I’ve never seen so many smiles in New York City.  Mayor Bloomberg may want to use his one dollar a year salary and invest in a Burger King crown.

(365 exactly)

Sallomé is a Social Architect for PlanIt Brooklyn. She makes living itself an art, by any dreams necessary. Follow her musings @Sallome.