Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sallomé @ TEDWomen

TEDWomen.jpg

I wrote, not too long ago, that one of my biggest dreams is to speak at a TED Conference. Because of the fabulous Challenge that the Fastgirls are in right now (Be the Expert), I am entering a contest to win an all-expense paid trip to Washington, DC for TEDWomen. I encourage all of the fabulous women I know to enter since you only have to provide your contact info and a 500 chars submission for why they should choose you. 500 measly chars and you could rub elbows with the Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Bernice Johnson Reagon & Toshi Reagan, Madeleine Albright, Eve Ensler, Donna Karan, Suheir Hammad, Sia Nyama Koromo (First Lady of Sierra Leone) and many others. CLICK HERE for entire list of TEDWomen Speakers.

THE QUESTION
"What's the big idea YOU want to share with the world, and how would you share it? It can be anything: a movement you'd like the world to join ... a scientific breakthrough the world should know ... an artist whose work you love ... an attitude for living and creating that inspires you. Then—think of the best way to tell that story!" (500 chars or less)

MY SUBMISSION
As Social Architect for Dream MGMT, I am charged with ensuring that by 2020 there is a certified Dream MGR in every public school in America. A Dream MGR merges the roles of Guidance Counselor, Life Coach, and Project Manager to provide K-12 students with the coaching, tools and resources to create and achieve personal goals. My talk shows how Dream MGMT’s use of Sims-inspired video games for goal-setting will play a major role in education reform. (chars inc spaces: 452)

Wish me luck! How great would it be if they actually chose me?!!! OR YOU?!
Enter the contest. And if you do, please let me know. :-)