Thursday, November 18, 2010

Be (Black) Girl.




It is indeed a magical season for Black Girls to strut their beautiful "stuff".

Ava DuVernay, directed "My Mic Sounds Nice" - a DOPE one-hour BET special focusing on women in hip hop.


Gabby Sidibe graced the cover of Elle Magazine.

Joey Mazzarino's song for his little girl became the Sesame Street hit "I Love My Hair."

Willow Smith came out with the Beyonce-esque banger "Whip My Hair."

(THE MASHUP OF THE TWO AFOREMENTIONED IS THE BEST.)

Tyler Perry revised Ntozake Shange's most popular work for the silver screen.

Beverly Bond's fifth year of the Black Girl's Rock! Awards was showcased on BET with one of the best renditions of "4 Women" - EVER!


Fastgirl, Risha Rox (also known as Marisha Roxanne Scott), has been featured twice in one week in online magazines that Black Girls frequent: Uptown Magazine and Society HAE. (Her work opens this post.)

Kissa Star and Buttafly Unltd will be hosting I Love My Hair workshop, and interactive workshop for children (5-12) in Harlem, USA on Saturday, Nov 12th.

What will be next?